Sunday, January 30, 2011

My first little hawaiian pet

If you know me, you know that I looooove animals and I love having pets. It is very suprising that I hadn't had any pets in Hawaii, after living here over five years. Soooooo, I bought a baby duck, a quackless yellow duckling, to be correct. And I named her Velzy, after my favorite surf spot.(Despite what you may think, having a quackless duck does not mean it doesn't make noise, it actually makes a very high pitched cheep, like a baby chick.)

Velzy was very popular in my house, at first. She was so cute and fluffy and would fall asleep almost immediately when you would hold her in your hand. One of her cutest tricks was when I would run around and she would sprint after me at rocket speed, seriously, she was FAST! After a few days, my roomates may have got a little annoyed at Velzy's cheeping and messiness problem, but I still loved her!

Velzy had a little problem with escaping from her cage. First she ran away to the front of the house and I luckily found her before she ran across Kam highway. Next she ran away down the canal, trying to get the beach of course! Unfortunately, about 3 weeks after I bought Velzy, she ran away for good... I like to think she was found by a very nice family or became and ocean duck though! I can hope anyways (: But anyways, here is a tribute to my first little Hawaiian pet, the cutest little duck ever, VELZY!!!





No comments: