Thursday, August 20, 2009

cooking

This summer I have been cooking as much as I can. Everything is so expensive in Hawaii that I just end up eating the same cheap meals every since day (granola for breakfast, peanut butter sandwich for lunch and tortellini for dinner- every single day for 9 months!) Whenever I am in Arizona it is so weird to go into a grocery store and see how cheap everything is. Like $2 for a gallon of milk that would be $8 in Hawaii! I always go crazy and want to buy everything until my mom reminds me that these prices are normal for Arizona. But anyways, I've been cooking dinner at least once a week this summer and I've found some really good recipes. My favorite is for the BBQ chicken pizza from California Pizza Kitchen... so good! I have a week and a half more until I go back to my sandwiches and plain pasta...

BBQ chicken pizza

Parmesan Eggplant Ravioli

1 comment:

Sam and Melissa said...

Mmmm that looks so good, Ash. I can't believe that I taught you how to cook so well. I can't believe you left out the pictures of the bean burritos that I'm sure you've been making.